Custom designed iaito
Your custom designed iaito will be be made to your specifications in
Japan by highly skilled and experienced craftsmen. Delivery is usually
made in around 4 to 6 months.
Why so long? Because individual components may need to be fitted into
a crowded manufacturing schedule, then they all need to be available together
for final finishing and assembly.
Made in Gifu Prefecture of Japan by experienced craftsmen and women. Historically, Gifu prefecture served as the center of swordmaking in all of Japan.
You can select:
- Blade length up to 2.8 syaku: Size
- 5 blade weight ranges, up to 2.8 syaku - 1080 g; up to 2.5 syaku -1000 gm and 830 gm; up to 2.45 syaku - 780 gm. (Blades
longer than 2.5 syaku are only available in 1080 gm. weight and may
take longer to make:
- Bo or kakaganishi hi (groove) styles: (Bo hi only for blades over
2.5 syaku in length):
- Hamon (mock temper) pattern from 8 choices. (Hamon 2 only for blades
above 2.5 syaku in length):
- Tsuka (handle) length, or the craftsmans choice to suit the blade
length, thickness and weight:
- Tsuka (handle) with black or white samè (ray skin):
- Tsuka (handle) binding in cotton, leather or silk and a choice of
- Tsuba (hand guard), from the selection below:
- Saya (scabbard), from the selection below or choose gloss black finish:
- Fuchi and kashira, from the selection below, or allow craftsmans choice
to suit the theme of the tsuba and sword:
- Menuki from the selection below, or allow craftsmans choice to suit
the theme of the tsuba, fuchi, kashira and sword:
- Habaki from the selection below, or allow craftsmans choice to suit
the theme of the tsuba, fuchi, kashira, menuki and sword:
- Sageo in cotton or silk, with choice of lengths and colours, or allow
craftsmans choice to complement the sword and tsuka binding colour.
Tip! Copy and paste the options list at the foot of this page
into your quote request e-mail, then edit or specify your choices.
Polish and hamon (mock temper) patterns.
3. Tsuba (handguard)
Select a tsuba from 1 - 12.
2. Saya (scabbard)
Note: Saya models prefixed 002 and 003 include a metal gussett in the
4. Tsuka (handle) length, binding and wrap
Tsuka binding of cotton, silk or leather is over genuine white (shown)
or black same (ray skin).
Cotton tsuka binding
Silk tsuka binding
Leather tsuka binding
5. Fuchi, kashira and kojiri
Select fuchi and kashira. Note that kojiri suits swords with higo style
fittings, please specify seperately if required.
Menuki are inserted between the same and the binding of the tsuka.
Select habaki with matching seppa.
Cotton or silk sageo are available in the colours shown in two lengths
- 180cm suits swords up to approximately 2.3 shaku and 210cm for longer
Copy and paste the options list into your quote request
e-mail, then edit or specify your choices.
- Blade length: insert number syaku.
- Blade weight range: gm.
- Hi (groove) style: Bo hi.
- Hamon pattern: # .
- Tsuka (handle) length: Craftsmans choice to suit sword. If unsure, we can
help you, at the time the order is confirmed.
- Tsuka (handle), samè (ray skin); black or white.
- Tsuka (handle) binding: Cotton / Leather / Silk. insert colour:
- Tsuba (hand guard): # .
- Saya (scabbard): Gloss black.
- Fuchi and kashira: # .
- Menuki: # .
- Habaki: # .
- Sageo: Craftsmans choice.
Place your order, or request a quote by e-mail to the address below.
Please detail your selected custom sword components. Hasuji will respond,
then send you a quote to consider.
All the iaito (iaido practice swords) and mogito (practice swords) that are
offered on this site are suitable for the practice of iaido. They are made from
cast aluminium-zinc alloys, have a blunt edge, cannot be sharpened and are not
suitable for any type of contact or cutting practice.
Iaito and mogito should always be handled carefully and used in a supervised
training environment, with due care for the safety of all. Iaito and mogito
should always be checked for safety prior to use, in particular the mekugi, or the
handle retention pin.
Hasuji can not be held responsible for any damage or injury arising from the
misuse of the products that we offer.
Iaito and mogito may be restricted, controlled or prohibited by law or regulation in your area. Please check with
your local authorities if you have any concern.
We ship iaito and mogito swords worldwide to over 120 countries by EMS international courier service.
Our iaito and mogitoh prices include delivery to Europe and the UK, USA, Canada, Asia, Australia and Oceania.
NEW! Swords for Kendo Kata
Blunt edged, thick blade, with quality iaito construction, finish and fittings!